Frequently Asked Renovation Questions
Carlsons understand when planning a renovation there are many questions and concerns. We can ensure you that we will do our best to make sure your renovation is a smooth process and your mind is kept at ease throughout the renovation. Below are some typical questions which are asked by clients. If your question is not answered here, send us a message or contact us directly and we will be more than happy to help you out.How can I help ensure a smooth renovation?
Here are some factors that will help you smooth out the renovation process:
- Clear work areas of furniture, drapes and art. Make sure to cover anything remaining that could be harmed by dust
- Make early product selections
- Be available to your renovator on short notice
- Keep changes from the original plan to a minimum
- Discuss your concerns as they arise
- Provide payment as agreed upon
- Accept the unpredictable with grace
Do we need plans?
All projects need plans. This helps eliminate confusion for all involved in the renovation project (the clients, project manager and trades people).
How long will my project take?
Once the design has been finalized, we can give you a good estimate of when we’ll finish your project. As a guideline, renovations take several weeks to several months depending on many factors including the level of detail, size and complexity of your project.